What is Your Why?
Download Self-Discipline - Resilience Scenario Cards Here
- Identifying why you want to do something impacts what you do to achieve it
- Act first. Feel later. Start before you are ready.
- Don't wait until you feel like going to the gym to go
- Act how you want to feel. Change your thoughts.
- Feelings/motivation follow action
- Humans are creatures of habit - Change your habits
- Awareness, Change, Growth, Repeat
- Some progress is better than no progress
- Focus on marginal/incremental growth
- Start with easy habits to change first - Make bed everyday before leaving in the morning
- Exercise, Meditate, Eat Healthy, Get Enough Sleep, Journal Writing
- Define what you want; What changes need to be made
- Identify possible obstacles - Junk food in the house
- Remove temptations - Do not buy junk food
- Manage your time and accept responsibility
- The perfect moment is right now
- Do what you can today
- Starting and maintaining are the hardest parts
- Just Do It
- Motivation is not enough, discipline is key
- Set a goal and create a system to reach the goal
- Break each task down into smaller manageable tasks
- You must first BE before you can BECOME
- Write your goals down - Make a to do list
- Schedule your tasks, they will become habits
- Time continues - Don't consider it an option
- You have to save today, to spend tomorrow
- Self-Love - Think about your future self
- Will your future self be happy with your decisions today?
- Don't judge yourself too harshly
- Shame creates stress and anxiety
- Just make the self-correction and keep it moving
- Make it easy - I will read 30 minutes everyday before dinner; I will do 10 squats each time I go to the restroom; I will not spend more than $20 per month on junk food; I will not miss more than 3 days per week of working out
- Mind over matter - Reward yourself
Click here to post comments
Return to Build: Resilience.
Get your copy of Adverse Childhood Experiences - Healing Journey Workbook -
A Self-Reflection Based Action Plan to Healing Body, Mind, and Spirit
Available in a Printable Digital Download or Spiral-Bound Hard Copy